Monday, October 19, 2009

The Weekend That Wasn't

Those of you following the action on Twitter, Myspace, or Facebook know that my Dad had emergency surgery over the weekend to remove his gall bladder, which was seriously infected. We waited, literally, all day on Saturday for them to perform the surgery, expecting it to happen first thing in the morning but having it put off until 9:00 pm. The surgery was a success and he's doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Now here I am with a nasty case of the Mondays amplified by a weekend cut in half by a hospital visit. It's really hard to get up and moving on days like this.

I'm getting some things in order, hoping to get out and make some music soon. I've had flashes of songs in my head that haven't materialized into much of anything, but the flashes themselves are encouraging.

On a side note, I highly recommend the new Chickenfoot record. It's incredible. Sammy sounds as good, if not better, now than he ever has. Great stuff.

Anyway, stay with me and stay tuned. Rome wasn't burned in a day.

No comments: