Tuesday, February 17, 2009

News from the Batcave

Haven't posted in a bit. Our youngest, Ruby, ended up in the hospital over the weekend with pneumonia. She's out now and feeling better.

What's the Batcave, you ask? It's my den of musical inspiration. A couple of houses ago, we had an upstairs room that was originally intended to be my music room. I called it my Fortress of Solitude. However, it quickly became an all-purpose office of sorts and a computer room. After that, Ruby was born and it became her nursery.

When we moved into our current house, my lovely wife Lara was determined to give me a place to play and write music free from the distractions of a house full of kids. As a surprise Christmas gift, she designed a beautiful music room for me in our finished basement. I couldn't have been happier when she unveiled it.

Lara said, "Now you finally have your Fortress of Solitude."

After thinking about that a second, I responded, "No, since it's in the basement and all my 'gadgets' are in here, this is my Batcave."

So what's happening in the Batcave? Quite a lot.

I'm booking 2009 and I have some gigs coming up. If anybody knows of any cool places where they wouldn't mind seeing a JB gig, please let me know. I'm always looking for new venues.

I'm also writing new songs and finding some cool covers that I can put my own spin on. I'm really excited to get back on a stage.

Stay tuned. Same Bat-time, same Bat-blog.

No comments: