Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ramping Up

Some really exciting things are happening in the JB camp. I'm working on some new material (and, in some cases, rewritten old material that never saw the light of day), which is a pretty big deal considering I've been fighting writer's block for a very, very long time. Colleen Wild and I had the first of many writing sessions this past weekend, so I'm very excited about what may come of that.

I've been trying to find some new places to play and reconnect with old venues so I can get back out and play some shows. It feels good to be back in the game.

For those of you who don't know, I've been on a hiatus due to my daughter's condition. She was born with spina bifida and hydrocephalus, and she's already had more surgeries than most adults I know. Things are slowly settling down, however, and it's about time she got a chance to see Daddy doing what he does best.

Elsewhere in the JB camp, my stepdaughter Alayne enrolled in the Rock Academy of DuPage. I can't wait to see her tear it up. I swear that kid was born to be a rock star. The Rock Academy is an awesome place. It gives kids the opportunity to learn what it's like to play in a band and collaborate with other musicians. If you have a pre-teen/teenager who likes to play music and you live in the Downers Grove, IL area, check it out.

Check back for more updates. Exciting things are happening.

No comments: